Debt Help Kamloops, BC
Bob Hauck, Debt Settlement Specialist
I help families and businesses in Kamloops BC overcome debt. Whether you need guidance for debt repayment or are searching for information on your debt settlement options, I can help.
Below, you'll find information on how 4 Pillars helps you pay off your debt, rebuild your credit, and reduce your overall debt. This page is long and has a lot of detail to help you understand the debt help options out there. If you have a question I missed, send me an email (the form on the right) and I'll personally advise.
My Clients for Life approach includes comprehensive budgeting, debt restructuring and credit rebuilding services.
Whatever your financial goals are, 4 Pillars Consulting Group can assist you to begin the journey to achieve those goals by providing coaching and input on your household budget, helping you to build a plan for eliminating debt, and guiding you through the steps to rebuild your credit.
The services I offer to Kamloops and area include:
- - Reducing your debt
- - Debt settlement programs
- - Negotiating debt settlements with your creditors
- - Consolidating debt
- - Budgeting
- - Debt help options
- - Credit card debt
- - Consumer proposals
- - Bankruptcy or avoiding bankruptcy
- - Credit rebuilding or credit repair
Another 4 Pillars Kamloops Debt Success Story
Steve and Paula thought they were doing OK financially. Steve had steady and reasonably decent income...
Read more of this article I posted to help you understand debt problems....Learn More
So How Do We Help You Get Out of Debt?
You have likely come to this website for one or more of the following reasons:
- - You're anxious about your debt, losing sleep and want some debt help.
- - You've gone to the bank for a consolidation loan to deal with your debt and you've been turned down.
- - Maybe you called a credit counseling agency, and discovered the debt relief from them wasn't what you were hoping for - you are curious to know if there are other debt solutions and debt relief available.
- - Your creditors have been calling because of missed payments on credit cards or lines of credit.
- - You are borrowing from one source of credit, maybe a line of credit, to stay current with your credit card debt. You feel like you are "robbing Peter to pay Paul." Maybe you've borrowed from family members to keep yourself and your immediate family going.
- - You don't bother budgeting anymore because it doesn't feel as though there is any point to it.
- - You've heard some of the ads from debt settlement companies, but are suspicious about how they work, and know they do not provide personalized service to residents of the Kamloops region.
- - You are worried you might have to go bankrupt.
- - You either know you have damaged credit, or have discovered that your credit rating is not as good as you thought it was, and you are not sure what to do about it.
4 Pillars Consulting Group offers a wide range of consulting services in the areas of debt help and debt elimination, budgeting, and credit rebuilding.
Each service is unique and can be tailored to meet individual circumstances. As you can imagine, every person's situation is going to be different and specific to that household, family or that business.
Bob, I want to express my sincere gratitude for your competence and effort in helping me with my financial distress. Your calm manner and clear education of this process put me at ease straight away. (My family is grateful for you too!) I will highly recommend you to anyone I may encounter with a similar dilemma. Thanks so much for all you've done, again and again, your help has been life changing for me.
The causes of debt
Find out more about what the causes of debt are.
Much of the general public assumes that the people who need help sorting out their debt troubles are a bunch of irresponsible shopaholics.
Read more of this article I posted to help you understand debt problems....Learn More
You have more options than bankruptcy
In the area of debt elimination, most people have heard of bankruptcy - or even know someone who has declared bankruptcy in the past.
I want to take you through some of your debt repayment and debt settlement options. These are the typical options I use for my Kamloops clients.
If this information is overwhelming (I know this can be a stressful time), feel free to email me and I can explain over the phone or in-person (if you live in the Kamloops area).
The (last) option of bankruptcy
Bankruptcy is governed by the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act, which allows for the legal forgiveness of debt.
Bankruptcy should be regarded as a very last resort in dealing with debt. We will help you avoid bankruptcy unless you decide that it really is the only option. The reasons for wanting to avoid bankruptcy are many:
- You will have to report your income and expenses to a bankruptcy trustee every month for a period of time anywhere between 9 and 36 months
- Depending on your income, your monthly payments in a bankruptcy could strain your cash flow and the way the bankruptcy rules work, you are discouraged from earning your full income potential
- If you have assets that can be liquidated and made available to the creditors, the trustee will do that
- The bankruptcy will have the most severe impact on your credit rating possible and that rating will stay there anywhere between 6 and 14 years after the discharge of your bankruptcy
- To some degree, bankruptcy will follow you around for the rest of your life, every time you apply for credit, and often times, when you apply for work.
A Kamloops, BC Debt Relief Story
liff and Rita knew they were in financial trouble, and it scared them!
This is an excellent case study of how a Kamloops, BC couple turned around their life using 4 Pillars Consulting.
Read more of this article I posted to help you understand how we solve debt problems....Learn More
Although only bankruptcy trustees can file a bankruptcy, they have a legal obligation to represent the creditor's interests in that process.
If you decide bankruptcy is the best option, we will represent you through the entire process, and work to minimize the impact of the bankruptcy as much as possible. We will also help you rebuild your credit after the process.
Consumer proposals are excellent for paying off debt
Another very effective method of dealing with debt is through a consumer proposal. A proposal is simply a deal that we can help you strike with your creditors where you pay them only a portion of the total owed.
We work with you to structure the deal so that it provides the maximum benefit to you, meaning the payment through the proposal is as low as possible.
The proposal gives you the same legal forgiveness for your debt as filing bankruptcy. A major difference compared to bankruptcy is that the creditors get to vote on whether they will accept the proposal.
This again is where our company's experience is a huge benefit to you - through having structured over 30,000 of these deals over the past 12 years, our track record of success in getting these proposals accepted is outstanding.
The biggest benefit you will notice from a proposal is the dramatic improvement in your monthly cash flow. As an example, it would not be unusual for someone with $50,000 in consumer debt to end up with an accepted proposal where the payments would be as low as $300 a month over 60 months.
Trying to pay this amount of debt off on your own, just through discipline and some good luck, would otherwise require monthly payments of between $1200 and $1500 per month for the same time period.
Informal proposals to lenders
Informal negotiations with your creditors are another option for addressing debt issues. For this to be effective, you must have access to a pool of funds to pay the creditors every time a settlement is achieved.
These informal negotiations are more difficult to predict than filing a formal proposal - both the length of time it takes to reach agreement and the reduction in the debt owing can vary quite significantly depending on the situation.
It is important to realize that any time you pay your creditors less than 100% of what you owe them, your credit rating will be damaged.
This lower rating will make it more difficult and expensive for you to obtain future credit such as loans for vehicles or other purchases, credit cards, and mortgages. Therefore, it is important that people who have gone through some sort of debt restructure process, be it bankruptcy, consumer proposal, or informal negotiations, take steps to rebuild their credit.
At 4 Pillars Consulting Group we guide our clients through a systematic and logical credit recovery process after they have undergone some type of debt restructure.
Phoenix Loans to help settle debt
One outstanding credit rebuilding and debt restructuring option that is exclusive to 4 Pillars is our access to the Phoenix Loan. This is a fund set up by the Phoenix Fund and can be used in a variety of ways for debt settlement purposes. Most often, we use it to pay off a consumer proposal in a lump sum. This will dramatically reduce the negative impact of a proposal on your credit rating.
We also use the Phoenix Loan to fund informal negotiations with your creditors, especially if you don't have access to someone who can help to fund these settlements.
Debt management & budgeting
Budgeting support is also a service we offer at 4 Pillars Consulting Group. We all know the importance of budgeting and understanding how we spend our money and what our household expenses are. How many people take the time to prepare and follow and formal budget? If you do budget, that is excellent - keep up the great work! If you don't budget, perhaps it is time to start.
Budgeting is not difficult. It is a little time consuming - at least at the beginning until you get in the habit of tracking and monitoring spending. In very simple terms, a budget is taking into account how much income comes into the home and how much expense the household has each month and containing those expenses to fit within the amount of available income.
We will be happy to help you develop a budget for your household and work with you as you adjust that budget regularly to ensure you are on track. Since budgeting also involves goal setting, we will guide you through setting realistic goals and targets for the future and then building your budget to achieve those outcomes.
How our debt settlement and restructuring works
So, you're debt is stressing you out and you know you need some debt help, but what should you expect when you contact us?
- When you contact us for the very first time, I will ask you about your debt issues to develop a high-level understanding of what solution might be required to give you the best relief for your financial challenges. Of course, all conversations are kept confidential!! If you know all of the details of your situation, we might move immediately to the second step of the process.
- The next step is an "intake" with you where I learn more about the details of your situation and listen to the financial challenges you are facing. These questions will focus on items such as:
- Your debt load - who are your creditors and how much do you owe each one;
- Your assets - do you own a house, vehicles, campers, boats, or other "toys";
- Any other assets - do you have RRSPs, RESPs, or other investments;
- Your income - how much income do the people in the household earn; and
- Your personal contact information.
At the end of this call, I will also set up a time for our face-to-face free consultation where I will review all of your options for dealing with your debt.
- The next step is your free consultation. Normally it will take about an hour, and I will let you know all your options for dealing with your debt. I will also outline the cost of our service. 4 Pillars fees vary depending on the option you choose and are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- At the close of the free consultation, or a few days later if you need time to think your options over, you will have the opportunity to sign a contract with us to assist you in getting started with a the budgeting, credit rebuilding or debt elimination plan you have selected. Upon signing a contract, your 4 Pillars fees can be paid either as a lump sum, or we will work out a payment plan that suits your income and household budget.
- If you have chosen one of the debt elimination options, once the contract is signed, I will provide you with a client kit of information. You will have some homework to do in completing a confidential application form that will provide significant details about your personal, income, asset, and debt situation. You will also need to provide us with a series of documents that will support your confidential application.
- Once the application is complete and the required support documents are gathered, we will meet to review the application form and support materials. In most cases, follow-up questions are necessary to obtain clarification about various aspects of your file to ensure we have a clear understanding of your financial picture.
- When your file is ready, I then select the trustee who I will approach to administer the proposal or bankruptcy. There will be a formal meeting where you and I meet the trustee who will administer your debt restructuring solution, if you have decided to file either a consumer proposal or an assignment into bankruptcy. Remember that during either of these processes, the trustee has a formal obligation to represent the financial interests of the creditors - we are there to represent your interests through the process, as well as help you rebuild your credit after the process.
- After your debt restructuring solution has been established, I will meet with you to begin the credit rebuilding process.
About Bob Hauck
Bob's commitment is to help and advise people as they seek solutions to their financial challenges, including debt help, budgeting and credit rebuilding.
Bob brings his excellent communication, leadership and coaching skills to the table in assisting his clients. His calm and reasoned approach compliments his commitment to educate consumers about all of their options to deal with their debt.
Bob's desire is to enable his clients to find the debt help they are looking for so their creditor obligations are much more manageable and they can start to see a future where their financial goals are now achievable.
Bob's professional career spans over 30 years and includes experience in a variety of sectors, including government, agri-food, human resources, the health industry and financial services.
About 4 Pillars Debt Consulting Group
Established in 2002, 4 Pillars Consulting Group, which is headquartered in Surrey, BC, is one of Canada's leading independent debt restructuring companies.
With over 50 offices across Canada, we are not some faceless organization located two or three provinces away or even in another country - our team of consultants live and work locally to assist Canadians from all walks of life to climb from under the weight and worry of mounting debt.
Whether you are a single person, a couple or family, or a small business person and you need debt help, I can help you with your situation. Remember, got debt, don't fret, give us a call - we would be happy to hear from you!
4 Pillars Reviews Kamloops
Janet came to us with about $50,000 worth of consumer debt. She had decided to do some renovations on her house, and realized later this likely had not been the best decision.
Although she had a very steady job, as a single parent, she had limited resources and it seemed like there was always something coming up. She had refinanced her house to do the renovations, and so there was no equity left in the house to deal with debt she had accumulated. She realized that without some drastic changes, the debt was going to continue to mount, and her ability to keep current with the debt based on her current salary was pretty much at an end.
After taking in her information, I met with her and reviewed all of her options for dealing with the debt. She decided that filing a consumer proposal was going to be the best way of managing her situation. For a number of very good reasons, filing for bankruptcy was not an option she wanted to consider. Before she met with me, she had decided that she could afford a proposal payment of $500 to $600/month. She signed a contract and we started working together.
Over the course of the next couple of months, Janet went through an intensive budgeting exercise to see exactly where her money was going. She completed the necessary documentation to get the proposal filed, and provided all of the background paperwork we needed. We helped her structure a proposal of $365/month over 60 months, for a total of $21,900. The proposal was accepted by her creditors.
Janet and I also reviewed how to rebuild her credit as quickly and effectively as possible. She decided to use several of the credit rebuilding tools available to her that I had presented to her, and is now on her way to rebuilding her credit rating as quickly as possible.
My Kamloops Office
My office location is: 201A – 1157 12th Street Kamloops, BC, V2B 7L2 (Free Parking).
Call today to book a free one hour consultation in my office
Here is some of our local listings:
Here is my BBB rating: BBB Listing
Yellow Pages: www.yellowpages.ca
LinkedIn 4 Pillars Consulting Kamloops Profile: LinkedIn Profile
More Kamloops Families We've Helped Get Out of Debt
4 Pillars is amazing, not only have they helped me solve my debt problems but they have also given me the tools and support to improve my financial situation for the future. They are knowledgeable, kind and supportive and I urge anyone who has too much debt to give them a call. You'll be glad you did. Thanks 4 Pillars!
Bob went above and beyond what I expected to help make a difficult time in my life as good an experience as possible with authentic, caring, personal attention and he had my financial best interests as a priority at all times.
I heartily recommend the services of Bob Hauck and 4 Pillars Kamloops. From the beginning, Bob impressed me with his ability to be at the same time realistic, clear-sighted, and reassuring. The awful stress of dealing with finances that had gone out of control began to dissipate immediately, and Bob worked hard to find the best possible way out of the crisis that I was in. It would be no exaggeration to say that calling 4 Pillars Kamloops and meeting with Bob changed my day-to-day life for the better. Thank you!
A great big thank you to Bob and 4 Pillars Consulting Group! Bob took what seemed to be an overwhelming task and made it straightforward and easy to comprehend. Bob had an extreme amount of patience and answered any enquiry I had. Although it took me a while to come to terms with filing a proposal, I finally took the plunge and my stress and anxiety lifted immediately. All I can say is a Super Big Thank You for helping me!! I would highly recommend Bob and 4 Pillars to anyone who is weighed down by debt.
Dealing with past debt was a very high-pressure time for us, mostly the 'not knowing' what might happen. So many options, and lots of conflicting information. Bob took us through each process step by step, and greatly helped to reduce the worry. He gave unbiased opinions on each, and helped us make the right decision on dealing with my debt; the outcome was better than we could have hoped for. Sincerest thanks to Bob for his professional help, and personal courtesy during this time, thanks again Bob!
Is Vehicle Debt Killing You?
Find out more about what the causes of too much vehicle debt.
Sometimes people come to us and the biggest issue they're having is their vehicle debt-it's 'killing' them. How does this happen? Easy enough!
Read more of this article I posted to help you understand debt problems....Learn More